Lauren In Tokyo

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I know that guy!

Yesterday and today I noticed the same guy getting on my train at Gaienmae station. He looks totally familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was until this morning.

I interviewed with him at Microsoft KK back in April. According to my notes, he's Teman Clark-Lindh from the MSKK Mobility solutions group. I believe they were working with some big manufacturers to get Windows CE/Mobile onto DVD players. Back then, it was the perfect fit for me, and even with a higher salary and benefits offer than my current employer, I turned them down. As much as I like WinCE and WinMobile, I really felt like I was getting too focused on one single area of software development and was missing out on the benefits that a broader range of experience could provide.

If I see him again I'll have to say hi.

Until then, here's a video of his presentation at MEDC2006 Tokyo: Developing drivers for Windows CE 6.0

1 Comments:

  • I've been recognized! I take that train every day. :)

    That video is great, but I'm disappointed they didn't have any video of me or my voice - just the translators and my slide deck.

    Kind of a dry topic, I suppose...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home