Lauren In Tokyo

Monday, October 25, 2004

More meteorology

So last time I wrote I talked about the typhoons battering the Japanese islands. Well, that was just the beginning of the Japanese apocolypse. Starting two days ago, there has been a long series of earthquakes striking the northern prefecture of Niigata (website is currently down because they don't have any power in the area, I guess). I was at Tokyo Disneyland's shopping mall when the first one struck. Unlike the normal jittery shakes we get around here, this one was a rolling/swaying shake type. The normal ones are clearly finished when they stop shaking, but the kind that hit us tend to affect my sense of balance and it's hard to tell when the earthquake actually ended.

Well, more people are dying because of the weather here. It's been a strange year weather-wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home